Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are videos created to raise awareness and change public attitudes and behavior toward a social issue. Effective PSAs often have a powerful message that sticks with the viewer, sometimes becoming part of a society’s collective norm.
Follow these four easy steps to enter the contest!
- Is the city in which you attend school highlighted on the Eligible City List? Are you in grades 6-8? If you answered yes to both, we encourage you to submit a video.
- This will need to be signed by a parent/guardian and uploaded to the Google Form. We may decide to share your video on our Facebook page or website, but we need your parent/guardian to give us permission to do so.
Step 3: MAKE AN AWESOME VIDEO!
- Your PSA should show viewers why conserving energy is important and highlight at least two ways that people can use less energy in their home, at school or in the community. Videos will be judged on how clear and understandable the energy saving tips are & overall quality (visually appealing, sound, etc.).
- Review the guidelines for video length and group size on the flyer above.
- If you need some inspiration, visit https://www.swgas.com/en/energy-saving-tips for examples of how people can reduce their energy consumption.
Questions? Issues uploading your video? Please email email@example.com