Want to improve your science knowledge on topics like energy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, water and climate? Wondering how you’ll incorporate the new Next Generation Science Standards into your teaching?
On August 14th-15th, GreenPower in collaboration with Southern Nevada Regional Professional Development Program will host a teacher professional development training at the Desert Research Institute Las Vegas campus. Rural teachers will have paid lodging and receive travel stipends to attend.
This two-day, 15 hour training (some online) will strengthen your energy and climate knowledge with speakers from the local community and model a variety of inquiry-based, hands-on lessons plan for you bring back to the classroom.
When: August 14th- 15th, 2014
- Optional: August 16, 2014
1. With an option of 3 hours of online work or
2. Brief field trip on the 16th in the morning to Springs Preserve
Where: Desert Research Institute, Las Vegas Campus (Near Atomic Testing Museum)
- 755 E Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89119 (Plenty of parking)
- Trainings will be broken up into smaller workshops depending on the grade you teach; Grades 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
- Each breakout will be taught by fellow educators and are on lessons from our Green Boxes
- 1 Graduate Credit from UNLV that costs $75. Register at UNLV.
** Log into MY UNLV and use your current login or create a new one.
** Use the 5-Digit Class number: 54232 and follow the on screen directions.
- Participants will have breakfast and lunch provided on the 14th and 15th
- There will be a short happy hour with beverages and light snacks at the completion of the training on the 15th