Venue: DRI, 755 E. Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89119 (inside the computer lab)
Join fellow elementary educators as we learn how to bring computer science into your classroom. We will begin with a brief introduction into context based teaching through computer science.
During this session you will learn:
- Building interactive teaching resources to engage students
- An introduction on teaching kids safe, secure online practices
- Computer Science Fundamentals
- Control Elements and Flow
- Computer Science resources to bring into class to engage students
- Where to find additional resources
Pizza and beer will be provided during this 3 hour introductory class, and you will be eligible for 1 CU by participating in the workshop.
For questions, please contact Craig Rosen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-862-5332